Mission / Bylaws
SEANC is committed to protecting and enhancing the rights and benefits of current, retired, and future state employees.
- Download the SEANC Bylaws (amended by the 2022 Convention)
Employees are the most important of the state government's resources. Therefore, state salaries must remain competitive and state government working conditions must remain of the highest quality in order for North Carolina to attract and retain the best employees. SEANC's purpose includes ensuring these ideals.
The primary goal of SEANC shall always be to encourage high-quality work performance and professionalism by all state employees. To this end SEANC shall seek the following:
- To establish and maintain salaries and working conditions for all state employees on a level sufficient to assure an adequate standard of living, as well as to reduce the possibility of the State of North Carolina being at a disadvantage in competing with other states, the private sector or other government agencies for competent personnel;
- To establish adequate and fair standards for the hiring, promoting, separating and awarding of performance-based pay of non-exempt state employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age or political affiliation and without regard to the department, agency, or institution where they are employed;
- To treat equitably all groups of North Carolina state employees with regard to salaries, performance-based pay increases, retirement benefits and all other forms of compensation; To promote and maintain financial security for state employees upon retirement;
- To provide an adequate budget for the efficient and progressive operations of all state agencies, departments, bureaus or institutions;
- To establish and maintain fringe benefits, particularly longevity pay, health and accident insurance, life insurance, and retirement benefits for all state employees on par with those received by employees of other government agencies, the private sector, and employees of other states;
- To provide adequate in-service training and educational opportunities for all state employees; and,
- To solve any problem not herein specifically referred to but affecting the well-being of state employees or the State of North Carolina in general.
These values were developed by surveying our membership to discover what is most important to them. They are the foundation of our work moving forward.
Integrity - Being transparent to our members while fulfilling our mission.
Commitment - Dedicating our time to doing what's best for you.
Making a Difference - Helping you to be the change you want to see.
Reliability - Being there for you no matter the circumstances.
Empowerment - Leading our members to make the best decisions for themselves.
About the Bylaws
Each district Bylaws Advisory Committee Chairperson serves as a voting member of the full Bylaws Advisory Committee when bylaws amendments are presented for a vote. Bylaws approved by the committee are passed on to the convention delegation for a vote.