SEANC's legislative priorities are determined by you, the members, at district meetings and the annual convention. Convention delegates rank the association's policy platform objectives each year.
SEANC's 2016-2017 Top 10 Policy Platform Objectives
- Seek to reestablish a fully paid individual health care benefit equivalent to the current PPO 80/20 in place as of June 30, 2013, for all active qualified and retired state employees.
- Request that GA fully fund employee salary compensation prior to considering other appropriations.
- Seek cost of living adjustment (COLA) for retired state employees in the amount equal to active state employee pay increases.
- SEANC will oppose privatization and downsizing of state government services.
- Seek policy change and compliance with laws, policies and regulations governing equitable compensation for career state employees in comparison to current and/or future new compensation offers; and further, petition the The Office of Human Resources to take corrective action when agencies are found to be non- compliant.
- Seek to have SEANC continue to fight for base pay raises for state employees in lieu of Bonuses or Bonus Leave.
- Oppose legislation that would remove state employees from the protections of the State Human Resources Act.
- Seek restoration of the employer's contribution to the Retirement System that will at least match the employee’s contribution.
- Seek to provide the state income tax exemption provided through the Bailey Act to all retired state employees.
- Seek to reestablish a premium free health care benefit equivalent to the current PPO 80/20 and eliminate Wellness Premium Surcharges for the new PPO 80/20.