- Dedicated to support state employees’ and retirees’ interests
- An effective tool to make your voice heard in Raleigh
- State employees organized to raise money for candidates who support quality public services
EMPAC Statewide Board:
- Chairman: Mark Dearmon, District 39 email@example.com
- Vice Chairwoman: Paula Schubert firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Tammy Tompkins, District 38 email@example.com
- Treasurer: Karen Rose, District 38
- Past Chairman: SEANC Past President Tony Smith, District 5 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Officer Liaison - SEANC Past President Stanley Drewery
- Staff Liaison - Amanda Finelli email@example.com
SEANC: Stronger through Political Action
The SEANC Employees Political Action Committee (EMPAC) is a critical tool to ensure our success in the fight to secure pay raises and improve health care and retirement benefits.
Why do state employees need a PAC?
Simply put, EMPAC is SEANC’s political arm. SEANC’s primary role is to advocate for member priorities in the General Assembly. EMPAC’s primary role is support the legislators and other politicians running for political office and who are supportive of SEANC’s priorities.
Why should you specifically contribute to the PAC? As a state employee, your job is political. Fair or not, your pay, benefits and way of life depend on politicians. One way in which you can improve your future is to become politically active and join EMPAC.
When you contribute to EMPAC, you can help elect supportive public officials. With a more employee-friendly legislature, we are more likely to achieve the goals that matter to you: pay, health care and retirement.
Who does EMPAC support?
- House and Senate candidates for the North Carolina General Assembly
- Candidates who embrace state employee issues – regardless of political party
- Statewide candidates
How can I help EMPAC?
- Join EMPAC by payroll deduction
- Become involved with your district EMPAC
- Vote for political candidates who support SEANC’s views
- Become a SEANC Member Advocate
A strong EMPAC helps SEANC fight for you!
- Health Care
- Collective Bargaining
- Workplace Rights