Pet photo contest rules
2021 SEANC Pet Photo Contest Rules
- The SEANC (State Employees Association of North Carolina) 2021 Pet Photo Contest (the "Contest") is open to SEANC Members.
- The Member must be the legal owner of the pet.
- Members entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and SEANC decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest.
- Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- The decisions of SEANC are final and binding in all respects.
- Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Sponsor: SEANC and Nationwide (VPI Pet Insurance)
Contest Period: The contest begins on July 19, 2021 at 6:00am ET and ends on August 23, 2021 at 6:00pm ET
How to enter:
- Entries must be submitted via email to SEANC Insurance Dept. SEANC. Pet Photo Contest.org
- Each entrant may submit only one (1) black/white or color photo. All entrants entering more than one photo will be disqualified. All entries, once submitted will become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Use of any automated system or of multiple accounts to enter the contest is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
- Entries must have the name, address, email and phone number of the entrant included in the email. Entries received without this information will not be considered. Name of Pet is to be included with the photo.
- No professional photos will be accepted.
- Photos are to be of animal only..no humans are to be in the photo
- The photo entered must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortious, slanderous, discriminatory in any way or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person.
- The photo submitted must not contain material that violates, misappropriated or infringes upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party including, but not limited to, any copyright trademark or any rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights
- By entering the contest, entrants warrant and represent that they are the owners of the pet (and photo).
- By entering the contest the entrant grants the Sponsor, and affiliates to use, reproduce, store, copy, publish, post, broadcast,, distribute, display or otherwise use an entrants’ entry photo.
- Other pets (Horse, Pig, Small Animals, Reptiles etc.)
License to Use Entries:
- By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, fully-paid, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to SEANC and its affiliates, related entities and service providers to use, reproduce, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, distribute, display and create derivative works of and/or otherwise use (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) each element of an entrants’ entry (including, but not limited to, the photo submitted) in connection with the Contest, the promotion of the Contest, and in any other manner at the discretion of SEANC in any media now or hereafter known including, but not limited to, on SEANC Web pages, social media pages and other digital media, newsletters, third party sites, print materials, television and other broadcast media, for marketing and/or advertising.
- Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude SEANC use of any element of the entry and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of any element of the entry.
- Display or publication of any photo on Sponsor’s Web site does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. SEANC will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with use of an entry.
- Once all entries have been submitted, Winners selected from each category that receives the most votes from the SEANC Judges.
- In the event of a tie for a potential winner, C. J. Stephens, SEANC Member Services Director will select the potential winner.
- Grand Prize winner will have the most overall votes of any pet entered in the contest.
- The potential prize winners will be notified by email at the addresses provided on the entry form. If the potential prize winners cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential prize winner forfeits the prize and SEANC reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- The potential prize winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
- The prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to the use by SEANC and its designees of their names, statements and photographs/likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
- Upon request, prize winners agree to consent to such request in writing.
- There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner with a prize of $50
- One (1) First Place prize for each category of $25
- Limit: one (1) prize per person.
- Prize winners are responsible for all taxes and fees, if any, associated with prize receipt.
- SEANC reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it,
- If any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by SEANC in its sole discretion. SEANC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other Contest or in an inappropriate, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, SEANC reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. SEANC failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that.
Release and Limitations of Liability:
- By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold the Contest Entities and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, promotional partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or use of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest; (e) late, lost, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, misdirected or undeliverable, posts, email, or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded (“Claims”) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- All Claims, issues and questions concerning the construction, validity,interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina and the federal laws of the United States of America without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than North Carolina.
- Entrants agree that: (1) any and all Claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs, but in no event including attorneys’ fees, disbursements or court costs; and (2) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs.
Collection and Use of Personal Information:
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to SEANC collection, use and disclosure of entrant’s personal information and entrants agree that personal data submitted with an entry, including but not limited to name, mailing address, phone number and email address may be collected, processed, shared, disclosed, stored, maintained and otherwise used by SEANC for the purposes of conducting and administering the Contest; for marketing purposes by the SEANC if entrant has opted-in to receive marketing communication from Sponsor; and for any other purpose outlined in these Official Rules.
Prize Winners List:
- To request the prize winners list, you can send an email to communications@SEANC.org with the subject line “SEANC Pet Photo Contest winners.” Prize winners list requests will only be accepted after the end of the Contest Period (listed above). Prize winners expressly agree to Sponsor’s use of his/her name for this purpose.