SEANC Celebrates 75 Years at Convention!
Sep 16, 2022
An awesome, productive time was had by all at last week’s 38th annual SEANC Convention! Delegates from all 51 districts descended on Greensboro to conduct SEANC business and celebrate 75 years of the association.
Among the highlights:
- Delegates heard from Gov. Roy Cooper by video as well as in-person speeches from State Auditor Beth Wood, Secretary of State Elaine Marshall, DHHS Secretary Kody Kinsley, DPS Secretary Eddie Buffaloe, Jr., Department of Military and Veteran Affairs Secretary Lt. Gen. Walter Gaskin and Lockhart Taylor from the Office of State Human Resources.
- U.S. Senate candidate Cheri Beasley joined the convention via Zoom to thank SEANC for our support in the upcoming election.
- State Treasurer Dale Folwell updated delegates on the fight to bring transparency to the State Health Plan and security to the Retirement System.
- Rep. Terence Everitt and Sens. Jay Chaudhuri and Warren Daniel received Lisa B. Mitchell Legislators of the Year awards from EMPAC for their work representing state employees and retirees at the legislature this year.
- Districts and delegates raised more than $18,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Association and the American Diabetes Association as part of our annual Community Service project
- Delegates elected new representatives to the Scholarship Foundation Board, Insurance Board, Retiree Council, Audit Committee and EMPAC.
- Much more!
If you attended the convention, please click here to see if you can find yourself in more than 700 photos from the event. Feel free to download and share them as well. If you didn’t attend, make plans to come to Greensboro next year by getting active in your district! Members are elected as delegates at the district level, and district leaders are always looking for help.
Look for more highlights and videos on our social media accounts in the coming weeks.