Community Standards for Social Media
The State Employees Association of North Carolina does not agree with or endorse every comment that individuals post on our social media platforms. Our goal is to share ideas and information that contribute to SEANC’s mission: to protect and enhance the rights and benefits of current, retired and future state employees. Our policy is to accept comments that contribute to this mission.
Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of SEANC. External, non-SEANC links on social media platforms do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of SEANC. All links posted as comments on official SEANC posts may be reviewed and may be deleted.
Comments and images posted on SEANC’s social media platforms should be respectful and appropriate. A comment will be deleted if it contains:
- Hate speech or other objectionable or inflammatory language.
- Profane, obscene, explicit or vulgar language or images.
- Defamatory, libelous or threatening language toward an individual or group.
- Comments that misuse proprietary, privileged or confidential information or that infringe on copyrights or other intellectual property.
- Comments whose main purpose are blatant marketing or advertising.
- Spam comments, such as the same content posted repeatedly.
- Any other comments that SEANC deems inappropriate.
Violations of these community standards may cause the author to be blocked from SEANC’s social media accounts.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our monitoring capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we request that members of SEANC ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely.