SEANC's legislative priorities are determined by you, the members, at district meetings and the annual convention. Convention delegates rank the association's policy platform objectives each year.
SEANC's 2013-2014 Top 10 Policy Platform Objectives
(as determined by the 2013 Convention)
- Request that the General Assembly fund employee salary compensation prior to considering other appropriations.
- Oppose legislation that would remove state employees from the protections of the State Personnel Act.
- SEANC will oppose privatization and downsizing of government services.
- SEANC supports continuation of a defined benefit retirement plan for current and future state employees.
- Seek to have SEANC continue to protect dues deduction options from being deleted from the North Carolina state payroll.
- Seek cost of living adjustment (COLA) for retired state employees in the amount equal to active state employee pay increases.
- Seek to re-establish a fully paid individual health care benefit equivalent to the current PPO 80/20 in place as of June 30, 2013, for all qualified active and retired state employees.
- Seek policy change and compliance with laws, policies and regulations governing equitable compensation for career state employees in comparison to current and/or future new compensation offers; and further, petition The Office of State Human Resources (formerly The Office of State Personnel) to take corrective action when agencies are found to be non-compliant.
- Seek legislative change from the North Carolina State Treasurer serving as sole fiduciary of the retirement system.
- Seek employer contribution to the retirement system that will at least match the employee’s contribution.