The State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC) offers all the benefits to retired state employees that are available to state employees – at a reduced price! SEANC is leading the fight to protect and enhance your state retirement benefits – in the General Assembly, the Retirement Systems Board of Trustees and the State Health Plan.
SEANC is working on your behalf to secure the following benefits:
- Secure retiree cost-of-living adjustments (COLAs) equal to the Consumer Price Index
- Improve the retirement accrual formula (currently 1.82%)
- Secure repayment of interest owed on the $130 million escrowed retirement system funds in 2001
SEANC has secured the following benefits for retirees:
- 2.5% COLA increases*
- Continued free health care premiums
- Retirement formula increase from 1.80% to 1.82%*
- Repayment of the $130 million in escrowed retirement funds
- Active support of the Bailey/Emory/Patton case to overturn taxation of your retirement benefits (the only association to do so!) *2000-2008
SEANC offers member benefits to save you money and keep you informed, including:
- Full-time representation in the General Assembly and toll-free legislative hotline – 888-732-6242
- Savings from SEANC's partner Perks Card at 3,000 businesses, restaurants, hotels and more
- Low-cost insurance programs – vision, auto, life, cancer and more
- The Reporter mailed to your home
- Scholarships available specifically for grandchildren of retired members.
For only pennies a day, SEANC works tirelessly to make sure you retire with dignity and respect. Let SEANC serve as your advocate on retiree issues -- join SEANC today!